ON THE ASSASSINATION OF
PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY
STATE OF VIRGINIA,
County of Fairfax, ss:
Richard Helms, being duly sworn says:
1. I am the Deputy Director for Plans of the Central Intelligence Agency.
2. I base this affidavit on my personal knowledge of the affairs of the Central Intelligence Agency and on detailed inquiries of those officers and employees within my supervision who would have knowledge about any photographs furnished by that Agency to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
3. I have personally examined the photograph which has been marked Commission Exhibit No. 237, a copy of which is attached to the affidavit of Inspector
James R. Malley, dated July 14, 1964, and the photograph attached to the affidavit of Special Agent Bardwell D. Odum dated July 10, 1964.
4. Those photographs are partial copies of a photograph furnished by the Central Intelligence Agency to the Federal Bureau of Investigation on November 22, 1963.. They are referred to as partial only because, on information and belief, Odum and Malley personally trimmed or cropped their copies of the photograph to exclude the background against which the individual portrayed in these photographs is depicted in the original photograph.
5. The figure portrayed in those photographs is the same individual portrayed in the original photographs
6. The original photograph was taken outside of the continental United States sometime during the period July 1, 1963 to November 23, 1963.
Signed this 7th day of August 1964.
(S) Richard Helms.
*The photograph referred to in the above affidavit of Inspector James R. Malley is identical to Commission Exhibit No. 237 and appears in the exhibit volumes.